Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution is related to saving and/or sharing certain web content on a web server handled by a website hosting supplier. There are various classes of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's study them. In this way, you can decide what you need, depending on whether you wish to create a web site, emails, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service made available by various providers, which permits you to share huge files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only aim is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file hosting plans often involve adverts next to the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a certain interval of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting providers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly awry explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would assign the workload between different hosts of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various website hosting services (email, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a variety of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; certain firms offer a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting brand is good if you wish to share a great amount of pictures with comrades or associates since the service is commonly free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to handling your e-mail aliases. Some providers offer website hosting services for web pages, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you would like to own a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can create email box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a few video files and a few hundred website visitors, you may have a problem with your web hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to possess as many videos as you want to without hassling about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to run a website. To a certain degree, it encompasses all of the aforesaid hosting variants since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and emails, upload videos, and so on. At 100WebSpace, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated server hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one location. There may be limits based on the form of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your hosting package may be better or worse in comparison with the conventional e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are created for specific web content only.